Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Holiday-November 23-27, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

Steve and I went to Manlius, NY to spend the holiday with his family! The entire Schwartz family was together again under one roof! Here's a brief run-down of the long weekend

Wednesday:
Steve and I left work early and caught the train out to Ruth and Ron's where we picked up the car and started towards Syracuse. We arrived with marzetti ready to eat (thanks to Steve's Grandma)! After dinner we went to "The Scotch" and had a drink with Kyriakos (Steve's buddy from FM) and Rebecca (his girlfriend).

Thursday:
After sleeping in, the afternoon was spent watching football and doing laundry. Before we knew it dinner time arrived! The Levy's, good family friends of the Schwartz's came to dinner as did Scott, Bob's partner. The evening was spent chatting and eating.

For appetizers we had homemade spinach dip and veggies. For dinner the main course was an 18 lb turkey with sweet potato wedges, stuffing, Grandma Gussie's spinach, homemade applesauce, cornbread and cranberries. It was DELICIOUS!
And for dessert we had our choice of pumpkin pie, pecan pie, death by chocolate cake with mixed berry sauce, cheese cake, or Mrs. Levy's Chattanooga Choo Choo's (not quite sure how to spell it, but they were yummy).

After dinner, Steve and I went and had drinks again with Kyriakos and Rebecca to Awful Al's a bar downtown in Armory Square.

Friday:
Slept in again and had french toast for breakfast. This was not just any regular batch of french toast, but "Grandma's french toast". It was outstanding! And I found out how to make them taste so good: canola oil and more eggs than milk. But, the real secret ingrident can't be disclosed! In the afternoon, we all went downtown to see Jennifer's apartment and later back to Armory Square. For lunch we had leftovers and then it was nap time. Dinner was again another delicious meal: vegetable soup and keilechal(I'm not quite sure of the spelling). After dinner, Steve and I went back to "The Scotch" and met up with some more of Steve's high school buddies: Kyriakos, Rebecca, Bill, Dan, Yuki, and Jeff. Good time had by all catching up.

Saturday:
I went to Temple for the first time! It was interesting to see the service and great to finally see where Steve became a man!

Afterwards I felt like a heathen because we went to Dinosaur BBQ and let's just say what we ate was not kosher.
As the sign says, we pigged out.

This is the outside of the original Dino. In the summertime instead of the car parked out front are all the bikes (motorcycle bikes, not ten speeds) lined up. Dino is a biker bar/restaurant for all those who don't know. Dino has the BEST BBQ EVER! After stuffing ourselves it was time to rest our bellies. Steve and I ran some errands around town and made it back home just in time for another scrumptious dinner waiting on the table. This night we had latkes, blintzes, applesauce and strawberry preserves. Yum, yum.

Sunday:
We all had a lovely brunch at the Brewster Inn on Cazenovia Lake. Our options included: lamb, salmon, sausage, beacon, omeletes, french toast, fresh fruit, salads, pastries, and desserts. I thought I was going to be rolled out from eating so much. Then it was time to head back to the City, after a quick trip to Wegman's. Funny story: while at Wegmans in the bulk food section I was approached by a random guy asking me if I wanted to be a cocktail waitress at Awful Als. Hummm...I think I'll keep my day job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought there would be more pictures?

Jon said...

J E A L O U S Y is the new way to spell T H A N K S G I V I N G