Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Bike

Geneva is a really bike firendly city. Every street has a bicycle lane (and drivers respect, unlike some other places we've lived). Every street corner has racks, every building has accomodations in the foyer, and its not unusual to see people in full business dress on a bike.

Given Jaren's commute (a good half hour walk), we agreed that it made sense to get ourselves a cheap bike. After trolling the message boards and a few pawn shops, we found one -- a gorgeous early 80's French-made Peugeot "city style."

We're really excited about it. I mean REALLY excited. So much so, I felt the need to make a 30-second commercial trailer for it (WARNING: There is Sound. If you're messing around at work, consider yourself warned).



It's a little big for Jaren (or Jaren is a little small for the bike, depending on how you look at it) , but the price was right and we'll make it work.

A few more pictures for the record:





5 comments:

Jaren said...

Laughs from all in the office!

"The music was the best part" according to Oana and Amelie!

Marie said...

Oh too funny! Thanks for the warning. I did actually listen to it at work...I think I might also show it to some of my co-workers...

V said...

Like, totally rock on, dude, man.

Anonymous said...

Hot Mamma!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Given your European adventures and subjects of your photo-journal, another musical choice might have been "The Bicycle Race" by Queen....

"I like to ride my bicycle,
I like to ride by bike.
I like to ride my bicycle,
I like to ride it where I like."

"Aunt" Nancy in Tucson