Saturday, November 04, 2006

Birthday--November 4, 2006

Steve and I welcomed Annie, Greg and Jadyn to NYC Saturday morning at their hotel, the (brand spanking new) Upper East Side Marriott Courtyard. The usual greetings too place—a big bear hug from Greg and kisses from Annie.

Since it was my birthday, we had a quick birthday celebration in the room before heading off for the day.




Happy Birthday to me! (The cake was a chocolate chip muffin--nice work Mom and Dad--it sure was difficult putting all those candles in)


And since Sunday was the marathon, my supporters practiced holding up their signs…


Baby and Piggy. Hold 'em high boys. Nice glitter Mom.


















Steve, Jadyn and I parted from Annie and Greg for about an hour while we went to the Marathon number pick-up and Expo. I have to say it was well organized—I had my number in a matter of minutes. We browsed the vending booths, picked up a few freebies, and left.

Here's me with the "official" ING NYC Marathon t-shirt...and Sponge Bob hat (nice, huh?)




Our tummies were growling, we needed food. It was off to lunch at Dinosaur BBQ, at Annie’s request (no complaints by anyone).

I think you can guess what we all had to eat...

After our delicious lunch, Annie, Jadyn and I went shopping on Fifth Avenue while the boys watched the UW-Oregon game. Fifth Ave was more than a little crowded (38,000 people were in town to run the marathon). But we survived.

With new clothes in tow, we headed back to the hotel to change for dinner. Our dining venue, BOLO, as per Greg’s suggestion.


BOLO, one of Bobby Flay's restaurants, offers a Spanish flare. It is an intimate venue with an attentative staff.

Our selection of tapas included: garlic and mint frog legs, lamb skewers, goat cheese on potatoes, and spicey pork. Our entrees consisted of: duck, chicken, (an entire--including bones, gills and head) Mediterranean white fish, serloin steak and more fish. It was a delicious birthday meal and perfect before a long race...


Thanks Mom, Dad and Jads for making the long haul to celebrate my birthday!

No comments: