Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mike Doughty-October 22, 2005

MIKE DOUGHTY's BAND!
Webster Hall
New York,NY


Steve and I went to see Mike Doughty and his band. It was an excellent concert of playing new and old tunes, in addition to loud band-jammin' and accoustic solo-rockin'!

It was an intimate experience that I tried to capture on my camera.
I realized after the fact that my shutter speed was too slow to kodak Doughty's movements. Next time, I'll be sure to change the speed. But here's a few pictures.

Doughty playing solo!


Doughty and the mystery man playing the bass (who shared with the audience the shortest quote from the Bible?!?!?!?) and the dummer, who was know to the audience as the man named "Rapheal" from Phili! Side note: Since when is "The Doveman" Asian? I guess Doguhty got a new keyboard player from the concert last year in Boston.
Too bad. I liked "The Doveman".
The new keyboardist--I just know him as the Asian Doveman.
Songs played: (opened with) Bustin' up a Starbucks; Madeline at Nine, Thank you Lord for sending me the F train, White Lexus, Sunken-eyed Girl, 27 Jennifers, St. Louise is listening, Looking at the World from the bottom of a well...among others. One of which included a remix of Firetruck.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Asian Doveman is Handsome Dan Chen, from Toronto (the Great White North)

The bass player's name is Scrap

That guy is nearly incapable of putting on a bad show!