Friday, April 28, 2006

Meet my friend, Bill-April 28, 2006

I came back from my French class to find fifty-sixty people against the wall of the foyer and elevator bank of UNICEF House. I went to pass through security, when the guard tells me, "I'm sorry, you can't stand there". Without giving me an explanation why I couldn't be there, I simply moved to the side of the wall in line with the other people. I asked around and was finally told "Clinton is coming". In my head I thought, "that explains why there were secret service men/women on 44th and the big black SUV parked out front."

Before I knew it, one security guard gave the signal and Bill Clinton, former President of the USA, walked through the door. The crowd started clapping (why?) and he greeted us all with handshakes, waves and hellos. (He actually looked pretty good).

That was the highlight of my day.

(I have to thank Leah for the picture...she was sly and took it on her phone)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive, Jaren. Hope you got the phone number. That man gets millions by just walking through the door. ;-)
Laure