Friday, December 16, 2005

Minal in the City-December 14-16, 2005

Despite the fact that there are over eight million people on the island of Manhattan, no one I've met or encountered is quite like Minal Kode! And a visit from Minal Kode in Manhattan, well, need I not say more.

Minal, Mehrdad, Steve and I went to dinner at Devi on Wednesday night. It was absolutely delicious. We had a seven course meal paired with a full-bodied wine (from the state of Washington). Some of the entrees included lamb and wild hablibut with an Indian flare among others.


After our meal, we went and had a beer at a local pub to toast a good meal with better company!

Minal and Mehrdad spent the next day playing tourist in the big city. Steve and I had to attend his annual holiday dinner at Eleven Madison Square--that dinner itself is a separate blog entry--but afterwards, we met up at One and One. Steve and I turned up (pretty much) wasted and the Irish Car Bomb we all had didn't help.

I just hope Minal had a wonderful time seeing the sights so that she'll want to come back for a visit!

Until we meet again my dear Minal! Thanks for everything!

1 comment:

V said...

Nice, glazed eyes, Jarjar